[Python-Dev] cpython (3.6): replace usage of Py_VA_COPY with the (C99) standard va_copy

Thierry Chappuis tchappui at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 07:22:58 EDT 2016

Hello,

C99 has shown slow adoption by microsoft compilers on windows. On this
platform, the support of va_copy() is recent and started with Visual Studio
2013. Therefore, starting from Python 3.5, PY_VA_COPY can now be mapped
directly to the native implementation of va_copy(). Hence, the proposed
change might be justified.

Best wishes

Thierry

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 12:42pm, Victor Stinner < victor.stinner at gmail.com