[Python-Dev] Tests breakage with latest openssl (issue28689)

Christian Heimes christian at python.org
Tue Nov 29 09:27:56 EST 2016

On 2016-11-28 18:16, Charalampos Stratakis wrote:
> Hi Christian and thanks for the fast reply,
>
> It's great to hear that the latest version is working fine. Do you have anymore details on the fix/breakage?
>
> The latest commit at Fedora's rawhide openssl package  is at [0]. Is it missing something?
>
> [0] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/openssl.git/commit/?id=e443a79334446ac0dc14fdf7c062386f92bbc7a0

Hi Charalampos,

Sorry, I don't have more details other than the Python and OpenSSL
tickets. It sounds like the Fedora rawhide fix is not sufficient and may
lack something. I don't have any spare cycles to look at the patch.

A distribution patch doesn't work for users of other distributions, too.
Let's see if I can get the OpenSSL team to release another version soonish.

Christian