[Python-Dev] Does anyone use CALL_PROFILE special build?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 04:28:46 EST 2016

Hi,

I proposed a patch to drop the CALL_PROFILE special build to simplify
Python/ceval.c:
http://bugs.python.org/issue28799

I modified ceval.c for fast calls in Python 3.6, and I'm not sure that
the feature still works correctly. The feature is not well documented
and not tested at all.

For fast calls, I moved some code, so it's more complex to update call
statistics since statistics are implemented in ceval.c.

I would like to completely remove the feature to be able to implement
further optimizations.

Victor