[Python-Dev] Removing the provisional label from pathlib

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Fri May 20 12:43:09 EDT 2016

Three questions:

   1. Should pathlib gain __fspath__() all the way back to 3.4?
   2. Should pathlib's constructor support __fspath__() all the way back to
   3.4? (separate question as os.fspath() will only be in 3.6; and if we
   backport I'm not looking forward to making Typeshed happy w/o os.PathLike
   being available only in 3.6 :/)
   3. Should the docs from 3.4 and forward reflect the removal of the
   provisional status? (I assume yes, but wanted to double-check)

And a quick thanks to Guido for removing `path` from pathlib for me
already. :)