[Python-Dev] New OpenSSL - has anyone ever looked at (in)compatibility with LibreSSL

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Mon Mar 14 19:56:46 EDT 2016

Should people outside google pay attention to boringssl? The first
thing it says on the website is:

"Although BoringSSL is an open source project, it is not intended for
general use, as OpenSSL is. We don’t recommend that third parties
depend upon it. Doing so is likely to be frustrating because there are
no guarantees of API or ABI stability."