[Python-Dev] frame evaluation API PEP

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 17:10:58 EDT 2016

On 20 June 2016 at 13:32, Dino Viehland via Python-Dev
<python-dev at python.org> wrote:
> It doesn’t help with the issue of potentially multiple consumers of that field
> that has been brought up before but I’m not sure how concerned we should be
> about that scenario anyway.

Brett's comparison with sys.settrace seems relevant here - we don't
allow multiple trace hooks at once, which means if you want more than
one active at once, either they need to cooperate with each other, or
you need to install a meta-tracehook to manage them somehow.

Cheers,
Nick.