[Python-Dev] JUMP_ABSOLUTE in nested if statements

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sat Jun 18 23:46:51 EDT 2016

On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 11:32:52PM +0100, Obiesie ike-nwosu via Python-Dev wrote:
> That is much clearer now.
> Thanks a lot Raymond for taking the time out to explain this to me.
>  On a closing note, is this mailing list the right place to ask these kinds of n00b questions?

That depends what sort of n00b question.

If they are specifically related to the internals of the CPython
interpreter, then this is certainly the right place. Code generation
will count as an internal function of the interpreter.

If they're general questions about Python the language, then the
python-list mailing list is better. (Also available as comp.lang.python
on Usenet.) Beware: it tends to be a high-volume, easily distracted
forum where people often go off on long discussions which are only
peripherally related to Python.

--
Steve