[Python-Dev] Round 2 of the Python Language Summit coverage at LWN

Jake Edge jake at lwn.net
Wed Jun 8 19:23:58 EDT 2016

Howdy python-dev,

The second batch of articles from the Python Language Summit is now
available.

The starting point is here: https://lwn.net/Articles/688969/
(or here for non-subscribers:
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/688969/91cbeeaf32807914/ for the next
few hours anyway, it will be open to all after that using either link.)

I have added five more sessions since last week's three, still six more
to go, which should all be done by next week (and I'll post here again).

Python's GitHub migration and workflow changes:
https://lwn.net/Articles/689937/
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/689937/1fd56367a74206bf/

The state of mypy: https://lwn.net/Articles/690081/
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/690081/5c35679cafe42d1b/

An introduction to pytype: https://lwn.net/Articles/690150/
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/690150/660acde532afb8a3/

PyCharm and type hints: https://lwn.net/Articles/690186/
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/690186/848c447551204ffe/

Python 3.6 and 3.7 release cycles: https://lwn.net/Articles/690404/
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/690404/73cfb918fa21d27c/

The articles will be freely available (without using the
SubscriberLink) to the world at large in a week (and the next batch the
week after that) ... until then, feel free to share the SubscriberLinks.

Hopefully I have captured things reasonably well.  If there are
corrections or clarifications needed, though, I recommend posting them
as comments on the article.

enjoy!

jake

--