[Python-Dev] C99

Émanuel Barry vgr255 at live.ca
Sun Jun 5 22:42:12 EDT 2016

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Guido meant that the third-party
extensions might require their own code (not CPython's) to be compatible
with versions of CPython < 3.6, and so PEP 7 shouldn't force them to break
their own backwards compatibility.

Either way I'm +1 for allowing (but not enforcing) C99 syntax.

> Maybe the next breaking change release
> this should be considered (python 4000... python 5000?)

Let's not!

-Emanuel