[Python-Dev] Fun with ancient unsupported platforms

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Sun Jan 31 10:11:06 EST 2016

On 01/28/2016 06:57 AM, Larry Hastings wrote:
> It's currently 2016.  Perhaps it's time to remove all vestiges of
> these unsupported operating systems nobody's cared about since a year
> that started with a '1'?

We dropped support for Irix in 2.3.  We dropped support for Irix threads
in 3.2.  All our supported platforms have Thread Local Storage (TLS)
support.  Maybe we can drop our 250-line portable TLS library from
Python/thread.c?

//arry/

p.s. Derpy code in Python/thread_nt.h.  It literally looks like this:

    /* use native Windows TLS functions */
    #define Py_HAVE_NATIVE_TLS

    #ifdef Py_HAVE_NATIVE_TLS

It seems this developer had the short-term memory of a goldfish.