[Python-Dev] Update PEP 7 to require curly braces in C

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Jan 22 00:32:40 EST 2016

Zachary Ware writes:

 > It's quite surprising to me, since all (as far as I know) PEPs are
 > explicitly public domain.  I am very much not a lawyer, though :)

The reason for any explicit CLA is CYA: you can't be sure that the
contributor DTRTs, so the CLA shows that the contribution was received
in good faith.  (Some CLAs also include indemnification clauses, such
as the contributor warrants that they own the copyright, etc, but all
CLAs are useful to show good faith, which may matter big time if the
contributor turns out to have a all-IP-yours-is-ours employment
contract or the like.)

You don't really need to be a lawyer to understand this stuff, you
just need to think like a security person.
https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2008/03/the_security_mi_1.html