[Python-Dev] bitwise operations for bytes and bytearray

Blake Griffith blake.a.griffith at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 20:06:06 EST 2016

Thanks for the quick responses y'all. I have something compiling on my
branch, which is enough for me tonight.

I asked a question about this on stackoverflow a while ago, it wasn't very
popular
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32658420/why-cant-you-xor-bytes-objects-in-python

Someone there pointed out this feature was suggested on the mailing list a
while back (2006)
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-March/061980.html