[Python-Dev] zipimport.c broken with implicit namespace packages

mike.romberg at comcast.net mike.romberg at comcast.net
Mon Jan 4 13:27:42 EST 2016

     > It's a reasonable thing to consider, but it would be better to
     > get zipimport fixed for you, then rewritten

  To that end, I've added a patch to the issue tracker:

https://bugs.python.org/issue17633

  My patch is issue17633-3.diff which builds upon issue17633-2.diff in
that it fixes an issue with the enumerated value used by find_loader
(find_loader was returning -1 which was not even a valid enumerated
value).

  I also expanded the test cases for zipimport to cover namespace
packages spread between multiple zip archives and zip archives and
real filesystems.

  Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Thanks,

Mike