[Python-Dev] Someons's put a "Python 2.8" on GitHub

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 22:49:05 EST 2016

- https://twitter.com/VanL/status/807697111886286852
- From https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13147972 :

```
(Replying to the top-ranked comment so that as many people as possible see
it)

While I wish Naftali well in his efforts - I have a private Python-derived
language myself! - this is not "Python 2.8." For trademark purposes,
"Python" is only what is released or endorsed by the PSF.

We have already reached out to Naftali and asked him to change the name of
his project and update this blog post accordingly.

Obviously, though, this is someone who cares a lot about Python, so let's
be sure not to rain down on him with a lot of scorn; I admire that he was
willing to sit down and 'scratch his own itch.'

Source: I am the General Counsel of the PSF.
```