[Python-Dev] pathlib - current status of discussions

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Wed Apr 13 14:25:52 EDT 2016

Brett Cannon <brett <at> python.org> writes:
> In the spirit of Python 3 I feel like bytes might not be needed in practice,
> but something like this with defaults of False will allow people to easily
> test all the various options.
>

> https://gist.github.com/brettcannon/b3719f54715787d54a206bc011869aa1 has
the four potential approaches implemented (although it doesn't follow the
"separate functions" approach some are proposing and instead goes with the
allow_bytes approach I originally proposed).

Either number 1 or number 3 for me (I don't think bytes path-like
objects are useful in Python).

Regards

Antoine.