[Python-Dev] thoughts on backporting __wrapped__ to 2.7?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Apr 12 01:30:04 EDT 2016

On 6 April 2016 at 15:03, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> Robert Collins writes:
>
>  > Sadly that has the ordering bug of assigning __wrapped__ first and appears
>  > a little unmaintained based on the bug tracker :(
>
> You can fix two problems with one patch, then!

Not really - taking over a project is somewhat long winded; it would
be centralising yet another backport which
may-or-may-not-be-a-good-thing, and I'm not exactly overflowing with
spare tuits. If someone wants to do it - great, more power to them,
but the last thing we need is to move it from one unmaintained spot to
another unmaintained spot.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hpe.com>