[Python-Dev] When should pathlib stop being provisional?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 19:13:24 EDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Alexander Walters
<tritium-list at sdamon.com> wrote:
> * pathlib should be improved (specifically by making it inherit from str)

I'd like to see this specific change settled on in the PEP, actually.
There are some arguments on both sides, and some hybrid solutions
being proposed, and it looks to be an important enough issue to people
for there to be an answer somewhere. It seems to come down to a
sloppiness vs strictness concern, I think, but I'm not sure.

ChrisA