[Python-Dev] When should pathlib stop being provisional?

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Tue Apr 5 18:45:23 EDT 2016

I think the provisional status can be safely lifted now.  Even though
pathlib hasn't seen that much use, there have been enough reports and
discussion since its acception that I think the API has proven it's sane
for general use.

(as for importlib, pathlib might have too many dependencies for sane
bootstrapping)

Regards

Antoine.