[Python-Dev] What's New editing

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 19:15:39 CEST 2015

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 3:08 AM, Laxmikant Chitare
<laxmikant.general at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is really nice, motivating and encouraging to see people contribute to
> community in spite of the work load. "Thank you" is just not enough to
> appreciate your efforts. I have been programming in Python for quite some
> time and I am loving it more as days pass by. I have been thinking of
> contributing to the community but not sure how and where to start. Of course
> my employer will never allow me do this as paid time, but I can take out
> about an hour a day on my own. Can someone guide me how can I utilize this
> time for the community?

Pick up something that I keep telling myself I'll do more of, and
never seem to do a significant amount of: read through
http://bugs.python.org/ and confirm the unconfirmed, or check that
patches are working correctly, or add patches to things that
definitely need them. Even if you don't know C, there are plenty of
places where you could do that; large slabs of the standard library
are written in Python, and the docs are in a straight-forward markup
language, so docs patches basically just require knowledge of English.

ChrisA