[Python-Dev] PEP 498: Literal String Interpolation is ready for pronouncement

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 23:22:38 CEST 2015

> If you really want to allow *any* Python inside a f-string, can you
>> please at least explain in the PEP why you consider that it's a good
>> thing?
>>

> Sigh. We've gone over this on python-ideas. Your objection is not new.

I'm sure that later others will have exactly the same question than me.
Is''t the purpose of the PEP to summarize a discussion to not have to
repeat it again and again?

Please, can anyone summerize the discussion (on allowing or not complex
expressions in f-string) into a short paragraph in the PEP?

I don't follow python-ideas and I don't want to subscribe.

Victor