[Python-Dev] PEP 498: Literal String Interpolation is ready for pronouncement

Eric V. Smith eric at trueblade.com
Sat Sep 5 03:45:49 CEST 2015

I've made a number of small changes to PEP 498. I don't think any of the
changes I've made in the last week are substantive. Mostly I've
clarified how it works and removing some limitations. The only
meaningful change is that expressions are now surrounded by parens
before they're evaluated. This allows for newlines inside of the
expressions to be ignored.

I think it's now ready for Guido to pronounce on it.

The code in issue 24965 is slightly out of date, in that it has some
limitations that are no longer mentioned in the PEP and doesn't enclose
the expression in parens before evaluation. If the PEP is accepted, I'll
fix that and update the issue.

--
Eric.