[Python-Dev] An example of Python 3 promotion attitude

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Wed Oct 7 02:20:03 EDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 3:43 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au>
wrote:

> > There was peripherally mention of a 4-year-document called LPTHW that
> > recommends 2. I have no idea what they are referring to.
>
> It is expanded in passing, but for reference they are talking about
> “Learn Python the Hard Way” <URL:http://learnpythonthehardway.org/>, a
> book which (reportedly) has not been updated since 2010.

which is too bad -- I've recommended LPTHW for years for newbies -- and
just started teaching a new "into to python" class -- now it py3! I do
still recommend LPTHW, but now they'll have to add parentheses to all those
print statements(functions)....

I suppose we should all bug Zed Shaw to write a LPTHW3 ....

-Chris

> --
>  \       “Liberal capitalism is not at all the Good of humanity. Quite |
>   `\            the contrary; it is the vehicle of savage, destructive |
> _o__)                                         nihilism.” —Alain Badiou |
> Ben Finney

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov