[Python-Dev] Translate Python language

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Nov 11 14:55:23 EST 2015

On 11.11.2015 17:20, Donald Stufft wrote:
> On November 11, 2015 at 11:19:07 AM, Paul Moore (p.f.moore at gmail.com) wrote:
>> On 11 November 2015 at 15:13, Christophe Bal wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I'm a french teacher and I would like to use Python with young child but
>>> I've a big problem. All the keyword are in english. So I would like to know
>>> if there is a way to hack the AST tools such as to use french keywords and
>>> then translate a list of french keywords to their english regular version.
>>>
>>> Where should I start ? My idea is not to build a new language but simply
>>> translate words using an hacked version of the AST tools.
>>>
>>> Hoping to be clear and I do not pollute the message in this list.
>>
>> Do you really just mean keywords? Most of the English words used in
>> Python (for example "open") aren't actually keywords but are names of
>> functions defined in the builtins and/or standard library. Those are
>> not exposed as distinct objects in the AST, but are simply name
>> lookups.
>>

> You might be able to use an encoding to do this.

Or use Andrew Dalke's fun project LOLPython as basis:

http://www.dalkescientific.com/writings/diary/archive/2007/06/01/lolpython.html

It uses a parser which then translates the source code
into regular Python source code, which it then runs.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Nov 11 2015)
2015-10-23: Released mxODBC Connect 2.1.5 ...     http://egenix.com/go85

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/