[Python-Dev] Preserving the definition order of class namespaces.

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue May 26 01:06:50 CEST 2015

On 26 May 2015 05:41, "Eric Snow" <ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com> wrote:

> Regardless, I know there were a few folks (e.g. Yury) that wanted to
> see C OrderedDict in 3.5 and there may be others that would really
> like OrderedDict-by-default in 3.5 (Nick?).

I think it's the combination with PEP 487 that makes OrderedDict-by-default
genuinely compelling, so I don't mind if the application to class
namespaces slips to 3.6 (and perhaps even becomes part of that PEP).

For the feature freeze exception for the C odict implementation itself, I
think I'm morally obliged to back that given my highly debatable decision
to check in the PEP 489 implementation even though we hadn't worked out all
the kinks in module unloading yet (Petr subsequently got all of the
refleaks in the machinery itself sorted out before the beta, including a
previously undetected one in PyType_FromSpecAndBases, but there's still a
leak when unloading the new multi-phase initialisation test module).

Regards,
Nick.