[Python-Dev] Reminder: Python 3.5 beta 1 will be tagged tomorrow

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Fri May 22 23:33:45 CEST 2015

On 05/22/2015 02:29 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
> Is it too late to get the isclose() code (PEP 485) into 3.5?
>
> I posted the code here, and got a tiny bit of review, but have not yet
> merged it into the source tree -- and don't know the process for
> getting it committed to the official source.
>
> So -- too late, or should I try to get that merge done soon -- if so, how?

Posting your plea here is a good start.  Hopefully you can find a core
dev familiar enough with the issues involved that they can (quickly!)
guide it through the process of getting it checked in.

Given that this is a new feature I can live with it being checked in at
the last minute, as it shouldn't destabilize the build.  Still, I would
prefer that it was checked in far enough in advance that you can watch
the buildbots (
http://buildbot.python.org/all/waterfall?category=3.x.stable ) and maybe
even iterate if the checkin causes problems.

//arry/