[Python-Dev] libffi embedded in CPython

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 10:22:01 CET 2015

On 25 March 2015 at 09:09, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> I'm not sure we guarantee anything. In any case, it's only a small
> proportion of the kind of crashes you can get by messing the signature.

Fair point. I guess what I'm asking is, would it be OK to remove the
code that checks for a stack size discrepancy and raises ValueError,
and the tests that verify this behaviour, as part of switching to
using upstream libffi directly?

On a related note, is there any information available on how the
"externals" repo is maintained? In particular, should things in there
be exact copies of upstream, or is it OK to include extra data (in
this case, the results of running "configure" for the Windows build)?
It works for me either way, it's just a matter of how the build
process would be structured and maintained.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul