[Python-Dev] Needed reviews

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 23:25:07 CET 2015

On 22 Mar 2015 19:22, "Serhiy Storchaka" <storchaka at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21.03.15 13:46, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>>
>> On 19 March 2015 at 19:28, Serhiy Storchaka <storchaka at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Here is list of my ready for review patches.  It is incomplete and
contains
>>> only patches for which I don't expect objections or long discussion.
Most
>>> of them are relative easy and need only formal review.  Most of them
wait
>>> for a review many months.
>>

>> It's worth noting that If there are changes you feel are genuinely low
>> risk, you can go ahead and merge them based on your own commit review
>> (even if you also wrote the original patch).
>

> Yes, but four eyes are better than two eyes. I make mistakes. In some
issues I hesitate about documentation part. In some issues (issue14260 and
issue22721) I provided two alternative solutions and need a tip to choose
from them. While I am mainly sure about the correctness of the patch, I'm
often hesitate about the direction. Is the bug worth fixing? Is the new
feature worth to be added to Python?

Aye, agreed - those are the kinds of cases where I'd nudge folks for a
review as well. Committing directly is something I'd only do where I'm
already entirely confident the change is an improvement over the status quo.

However, now that I think about it further, it's very rare for me to be
completely confident in a change without another core dev at least giving a
+1 on the general idea.

> Thanks Alexander, Amaury, Benjamin, Berker, Demian, Éric, Ethan, Martin,
Paul, Victor and others that responded on my request.

Indeed! One of the things I'm actually hoping to achieve through PEPs like
474 & 462 is to get to a point where we can better acknowledge and thank
folks for all the work that goes into patch reviews :)

Cheers,
Nick.

https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-dev/ncoghlan%40gmail.com