[Python-Dev] Use ptyhon -s as default shbang for system python executables/daemons

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 12:50:04 CET 2015

On 19 March 2015 at 02:48, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> It's never gotten much farther than musings, but protecting the system against
> the weird things people install would be a good thing.  OTOH, this feels a lot
> like virtual environments so maybe there's something useful to be mined there.

I took it a fair bit further than musings:
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0432/#a-system-python-executable

Unfortunately PEP 432's a big project with very high barriers to entry
(you need to come to grips with the current arcane startup sequence
first), so I've never managed to hand it over after running out of
time to pursue it myself.

Cheers,
Nick.