[Python-Dev] Use ptyhon -s as default shbang for system python executables/daemons

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 21:47:51 CET 2015

I think I've found the Debian discussion (October 2012):

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.python/8188

Lack of PYTHONWARNINGS was brought up late in the discussion thread
but I think the understanding that when a particular user sets an
environment variable they want it to apply to all scripts they run was
kind of lost in the followups (It wasn't directly addressed or
mentioned again.)

-Toshio