[Python-Dev] PEP 489: Redesigning extension module loading

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 16:01:14 CET 2015

On 18 March 2015 at 06:41, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 16/03/2015 12:38, Petr Viktorin wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>

> Can you use anything from the meta issue http://bugs.python.org/issue15787
> for PEP 3121 and PEP 384 or will the work that you are doing render
> everything done previously redundant?

Nothing should break in relation to PEP 3121 or 384, so I think that
determination would still need to be made on a case by case basis.
Alternatively, it may be possible to update the abitype.py converter
to also switch to the new module initialisation hooks (if we can
figure out a good way of automating that).

Cheers,
Nick.