[Python-Dev] 2.7 is here until 2020, please don't call it a waste.

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 13:38:48 CEST 2015

Hello,

On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 13:14:27 +0200
"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at egenix.com> wrote:

[]

> > The "7.0x faster" number on speed.pypy.org would be significantly
> > *higher* if we upgraded the baseline to 2.7.10 now.
>
> If someone were to volunteer to set up and run speed.python.org,
> I think we could add some additional focus on performance
> regressions. Right now, we don't have any way of reliably
> and reproducibly testing Python performance.

Just for the note, we had similar concerns with performance and other
regressions in MicroPython, and in the end,
http://micropython.org/resources/code-dashboard/ was set up. Performance
tracking is simplistic so far and consists only of running pystones;
mostly the executable size for different configuration is tracked, as
that's the most distinctive trait of MicroPython.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com