[Python-Dev] Issues not responded to.

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Jul 31 21:38:01 CEST 2015

On 7/31/2015 7:30 AM, Xavier de Gaye wrote:

> On 07/31/2015 06:42 AM, Zachary Ware wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 8:21 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org>
>> wrote:
>>> Best thing I can think of is to post the Roundup search you did

Just put 1 in the Message count box on the standard search page.
Nothing special.

>>> to find those 400 so thoseof us who can help can just start
>>> whittling them away. You could also share it with core-mentorship
>>> and explain we need help evaluating these issues with the caveat
>>> we have no idea how difficult it is to do the evaluation.
>>
>> Here's a query:
>> https://bugs.python.org/issue?@action=search&@columns=title,id,creator,activity,actor,status&@sort=activity&status=-1,1,3,4&message_count=1

> This is nice, thanks. Note that this is missing the cases where more
> than one message was required, for example to send two attachments (a
> script as the use case, and a patch).

A second attachment by itself should not increase the message count.
But people sometimes add a second message with or without an upload.

Putting 1 in the Nosy count will also pick up orphans if no one else has
been added as nosy.  But the latter can be done by both the original
poster or triagers or even automatically by the tracker itself.

--

Terry Jan Reedy