[Python-Dev] Benchmark Results for Python Default 2015-07-24

lp_benchmark_robot lp_benchmark_robot at intel.com
Fri Jul 24 14:34:44 CEST 2015

Hi Internals,

This is the first message from Intel's language optimization team.
We would like to provide the Python internals developer community
with a daily service which will monitor latest committed patches
performance regressions against well known workloads.
Our aim is to run a multitude of workloads as well as real-life scenarios
which the community considers relevant. The service will send daily bulletins
containing latest measurements for daily variations and variations against
latest stable release run on our Intel-enabled servers.

The community's feedback is very important for us. For any questions,
comments or suggestions you can also contact us on our mailing list
lp at lists.01.org. You can also check our website: https://www.01.org/lp

Results for project python_default-nightly, build date 2015-07-24 09:02:02
commit:		3bbd0cbfe836511dd3e05fcc30ffb5bdbfe686ea
revision date:	2015-07-24 07:43:44
environment:	Haswell-EP
	cpu:	Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2699 v3 @ 2.30GHz 2x18 cores, stepping 2, LLC 45 MB
	mem:	128 GB
	os:	CentOS 7.1
	kernel:	Linux 3.10.0-229.4.2.el7.x86_64

Note: Baseline results were generated using release v3.4.3, with hash
b4cbecbc0781e89a309d03b60a1f75f8499250e6 from 2015-02-25 12:15:33+00:00

               benchmark    unit            change since            change since
                                                last run                  v3.4.3
:-)            django_v2     sec                1.12735%                7.47953%
:-(              pybench     sec               -0.53822%               -2.40216%
:-(             regex_v8     sec                0.61774%               -2.32010%
:-|                nbody     sec                1.75860%               -0.76206%
:-)         json_dump_v2     sec                2.13422%               -0.56930%

Our lab does a nightly source pull and build of the Python project and measures
performance changes against the previous stable version and the previous nightly
measurement. This is provided as a service to the community so that quality
issues with current hardware can be identified quickly.

Intel technologies' features and benefits depend on system configuration and may
require enabled hardware, software or service activation. Performance varies
depending on system configuration.  No license (express or implied, by estoppel
or otherwise) to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document.
Intel disclaims all express and implied warranties, including without
limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular
purpose, and non-infringement, as well as any warranty arising from course of
performance, course of dealing, or usage in trade.  This document may contain
information on products, services and/or processes in development. Contact your
Intel representative to obtain the latest forecast, schedule, specifications and
roadmaps.  The products and services described may contain defects or errors
known as errata which may cause deviations from published specifications.
Current characterized errata are available on request.

(C) 2015 Intel Corporation.