[Python-Dev] Reminder: Python 3.5 beta 4 is tagged in one week

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Jul 23 18:30:45 CEST 2015

On 22 July 2015 at 08:07, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> On 22 July 2015 at 05:08, Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:
>>

>> On 07/21/2015 06:35 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
>>
>> Cool. http://bugs.python.org/issue21750 is in a bad state right now.
>>
>> I landed a patch to fix it, which when exposed to users had some
>> defects. I'm working on a better patch now, but need to either roll
>> the prior patch completely back, or get the new one landed before the
>> next beta. I hope to have that up for review later today {fingers
>> crossed} - will that be soon enough, or should I look up how to easily
>> revert stuff out with hg?
>>

>> If you want to undo it, "hg backout" is the command you want.  In general
>> it's best to not check in broken stuff.
>
> Thanks. And yes, naturally - we didn't realise it was broken. Passing
> tests != fit for purpose.

21750 is now sorted out in the cpython repo.

I have a separate question for you - issue2091 has a good patch on it,
but would you like it added to 3.5?

It makes a broken combination of file modes - rU+ - a clean error, and
tweaks the existing exception text for U + writing modes.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist