[Python-Dev] How far to go with user-friendliness

Michael Foord fuzzyman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 22:34:01 CEST 2015

On Wednesday, 15 July 2015, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net>
wrote:
> On 15 July 2015 at 12:59, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> There is zero urgency here, so nothing needs to change for 3.5.
>> Robert's plan is a fine one to propose for 3.6 (and the PyPI mock
>> backport).
>
> Right - the bad API goes back to the very beginning. I'm not planning

I disagree it's a bad api. It's part of why mock was so easy to use and
part of why it was so successful. With the new check for non-existent
assert methods it's no longer dangerous and so doesn't need fixing.

So -1 from me.

Michael

https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-dev/fuzzyman%40voidspace.org.uk

--