[Python-Dev] Newly Built Python3 Binary Throws Segfault

Cyd Haselton chaselton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 15:43:27 CET 2015

All,
I recently ditched my attempts to port Python 2.7.8 to Android in
favor of Python 3.4.2.  Unfortunately, after using the same configure
options in the same environment, and modifying the setup.py as needed,
the newly built binary throws a segfault when the generate-posix-vars
portion of the build is reached...and when it is run as well (i.e.
./python --help, ./python -E -S -m sysconfig, or similar)

I took a strace of ./python, however I'm a bit lost when reviewing it.
Any ideas as to what may be going on...i.e. why Python 2.7 works but
3.x throws a segfault?

Thanks in advance,
Cyd