[Python-Dev] Can Python Be Built Without Distutils

Cyd Haselton chaselton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 16:32:41 CET 2015

Since (judging from the lack of responses) setup.py can't be removed
from the Makefile, I kept troubleshooting.I've managed to get the
build to complete and make install runs instead of throwing an
undefined reference right off the bat, unfortunately I've run into the
following:

ImportError: No module named _struct

This also happens when make test is run.  I;ve checked...the _struct
module is there.