[Python-Dev] Can Python Be Built Without Distutils

Cyd Haselton chaselton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 18:30:54 CET 2015

Related to my earlier question regarding building Python on Android
and an undefined reference to dlopen error...I have the following
question:  Is it possible to build and install Python without having
to build and install...or use...distutils?

Some background:
I can build the python interpreter on my device, and I can build a
bunch of modules.  The problem appears when make reaches the part
where setup.py is used to build and import modules...specifically when
setup.py attempts to import distutils.core.

Thanks,
Cyd