[Python-Dev] contributing to multiprocessing

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Fri Jan 9 02:08:07 CET 2015

On 01/08/2015 03:21 PM, Davin Potts wrote:

> I am interested in making some serious ongoing contributions around multiprocessing.

Great!

> Rather than me simply walking through that backlog, offering comments or encouragement here and there on issues, it
> makes more sense for me to ask:  what is the right way for me to proceed?  What is the next step towards me helping
> triage issues?  Is there a bridge-keeper with at least three, no more than five questions for me?

I would suggest having at least one, if not two or three, current core-devs ready and willing to quickly review your
work (I believe Raymond Hettinger may be one); then, go ahead and triage, improve and/or submit patches, and make
comments.  Once you've got a few of these under your belt, with favorable reviews and your patches committed, you may
get stuck with commit privileges of your own.  ;)

--
~Ethan~