[Python-Dev] PEP 370 - per-user scripts directory on Windows

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 01:15:00 CET 2015

----- Original Message -----

From: Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com>
> I'd also appreciate your views on the spin-off thread and PEP 486
> ("Make the Python Launcher aware of virtual environments").

On an initial reading it seems quite reasonable. I'll sleep on it and see if any other things spring to mind.

By the way, although I turned over the standalone launcher to pypa, I forked that repo, and do development on my fork [1]. I remembered that I added a feature (with the help of Pawel Jasinski) to allow e.g. py -ipy to pick a command 'ipy' configured in the .ini file (this is used to launch IronPython, but it could be used for other things too). In addition, my version has some bugfixes (e.g. use of iswspace instead of isspace, which is wrong). Steve's changes seem to just be related to adding IP_VERSION - I'm not sure what that's about and I haven't looked into it yet; I just skimmed the differences, and didn't see anything major in launcher.c (I compared with the version in the default branch of cpython).

Regards,

Vinay Sajip

[1] https://bitbucket.org/vinay.sajip/pylauncher