[Python-Dev] Avoiding CPython performance regressions

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Dec 7 04:20:12 EST 2015

Hi all,

Spending an hour with "hg bisect" is a good way to figure out some of
the worst speed regressions that occurred in the early days of 2.7
(which are still not fixed now).  Here's my favorite's pick:

* be4bec689de3  made bm_mako 15% slower, and spitfire_cstringio even much more

* ad030571e6c0  made ai 5% slower

Just thought it would be worth mentioning it here.  There is much more
waiting for someone with a little more patience if we believe
https://www.speedtin.com/public .

A bientôt,

Armin.