[Python-Dev] Profile Guided Optimization active by-default

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 21:54:24 CEST 2015

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> With a `make develop` target we also can make sure not only that
> --with-pydebug is used but that the installation target is /tmp so that new
> contributors don't accidentally install a debug build.

You need to be careful there. In my environment, I interface with a lot of
Boost.Python-wrapped code which would be quite impractical to compile with
--with-pydebug. I'd like to be able to throw in all the other development
bells and whistles though, without changing the size of the object header.
Maybe "develop-lite"?

<whatever happened to wink?>-ly, y'rs,

Skip