[Python-Dev] django_v2 benchmark compatibility fix for Python 3.6

Papa, Florin florin.papa at intel.com
Tue Aug 25 15:11:37 CEST 2015

Hi All,

My name is Florin Papa and I work in the Server Languages Optimizations Team at Intel Corporation.

I would like to submit a patch that solves compatibility issues of the django_v2 benchmark in the Grand Unified Python Benchmark. The django_v2 benchmark uses inspect.getargspec(), which is deprecated and was removed in Python 3.6. Therefore, it crashes with the message "ImportError: cannot import name 'getargspec'" when using the latest version of Python on the default branch.

The patch modifies the benchmark to use inspect.signature() when Python version is 3.6 or above and keep using inspect.getargspec() otherwise.

Regards,
Florin