[Python-Dev] How are we merging forward from the Bitbucket 3.5 repo?

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Mon Aug 24 22:05:38 CEST 2015

On 08/16/2015 08:24 AM, R. David Murray wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 00:13:10 -0700, Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:
>> Can we pick one approach and stick with it?  Pretty-please?
> Pick one Larry, you are the RM :)

Okay.  Unsurprisingly, I pick what I called option 3 before.  It's
basically what we do now when checking in work to
earlier-version-branches, with the added complexity of the Bitbucket
repo.  I just tried it and it seems fine.

Also, on 08/17/2015 08:03 AM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> I agree with the "You're the RM, pick one" sentiment, but just want to add a
> plea for *documenting* whatever you choose, preferably under a big red blinky
> banner in the devguide. ;)   I can be a good monkey and follow directions, but
> I just don't want to have to dig through long threads on semi-public mailing
> lists to figure out which buttons to push.

I'll post a message describing the workflow to these two newsgroups
(hopefully by today) and update the devguide (hopefully by tomorrow).
There's no rush as I haven't accepted any pull requests recently, though
I have a couple I should attend to.

(For those waiting on a reply on pull requests, sit tight, I want to get
these workflow docs done first, that way you'll know what to do if/when
your pull request is accepted.)

Thanks, everybody,

//arry//

/p.s. In case you're wondering, this RC period is way, way less stress
than 3.4 was.  Part of that is the workflow change, and part of it is
that there just isn't that much people are trying to get in this time.
In 3.4 I think I had 70 merge requests just from Victor for asyncio...!