[Python-Dev] PEP 492: No new syntax is required

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 23:14:15 CEST 2015

Hello,

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 20:59:18 +0100
Mark Shannon <mark at hotpy.org> wrote:

> On 28/04/15 20:24, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> [snip]
>
> > Based on all this passage, my guess is that you miss difference
> > between C and Python functions.
> This is rather patronising, almost to the point of being insulting.
> Please keep the debate civil.

And yet people do make mistakes and misunderstand, and someone should
bother with social psychology of programming - why this happens, what
are typical patterns, root causes, etc. I don't think you should be
insulted, especially if you think you're right with your points - then
all counter arguments will either help you understand another side, or
will just look funny.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com