[Python-Dev] PEP 492: async/await in Python; v3

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Apr 29 11:13:00 CEST 2015

Yury Selivanov wrote:
> I also like Guido's suggestion to use "native coroutine" term.
> I'll update the PEP (I have several branches of it in the repo
> that I need to merge before the rename).

I'd still prefer to avoid use of the word "coroutine"
altogether as being far too overloaded.

I think even the term "native coroutine" leaves room
for ambiguity. It's not clear to me whether you intend
it to refer only to functions declared with 'async def',
or to any function that returns an awaitable object.

The term "async function" seems like a clear and
unabmigious way to refer to the former. I'm not sure
what to call the latter.

--
Greg