[Python-Dev] A macro for easier rich comparisons

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Apr 28 16:59:17 CEST 2015

On Apr 28, 2015, at 11:13 AM, Victor Stinner wrote:

>It would be nice to have a six module for C extensions. I'm quite sure
>that many projects are already full of #ifdef PYTHON3 ... #else ...
>#endif macros.

Maybe encapsulating some of the recommendations here:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/PortingToPy3k/BilingualQuickRef#Python_extension_modules

(We really need to collect all this information in on place.)

>> #define Py_RETURN_RICHCOMPARE(val1, val2, op)

I think this macro would make a nice addition to the C API.  It might read
better as `Py_RETURN_RICHCOMPARE(val1, op, val2)`.

Cheers,
-Barry