[Python-Dev] async/await in Python; v2

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Apr 23 09:55:50 CEST 2015

Victor Stinner wrote:

> Using a custom name like "cofunction" may confuse users coming from other
> programming languages. I prefer to keep "coroutine", but I agree that we
> should make some effort to define the different categories of "Python
> coroutines".

I should perhaps point out that "cofunction" is not
just an arbitrary word I made up to replace "coroutine".
It is literally a kind of function, and is meant to
be thought of that way.

As for confusing new users, I would think that, as
an unfamiliar word, it would point out that there is
something they need to look up and learn about.
Whereas they may think they already know what a
"coroutine" is and not bother to look further.

--
Greg