[Python-Dev] Surely "nullable" is a reasonable name?

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Tue Apr 21 19:31:39 CEST 2015

On 04/21/2015 04:50 AM, Tal Einat wrote:
> As for the default set of accepted types for various convertors, if we
> could choose any syntax we liked, something like "accept=+{NoneType}"
> would be much better IMO.

In theory Argument Clinic could use any syntax it likes.  In practice,
under the covers we tease out one or two bits of non-Python syntax, then
run ast.parse over it.  Saved us a lot of work.

"s: accept={str,NoneType}" is a legal Python parameter declaration; "s:
accept+={NoneType}" is not.  If I could figure out a clean way to hack
in support for += I'll support it.  Otherwise you'll be forced to spell
it out.

//arry/