[Python-Dev] [python-committers] Do we need to sign Windows files with GnuPG?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Apr 17 00:46:20 CEST 2015

On 16.04.2015 21:34, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:

>>> Agree - apparently the starlssl process for getting a signing cert is
>>> complex/obscure, so we should start early.
>>
>> Not really. Once you have the org verification it's really easy.
>>
>>> Let me know if I can help providing PSF organization verification.
>>
>> I already completed that for the current cycle.
>>

> I had asked the PSF for a StartSSL certificate when the previous
> certificate expired, and the PSF was not able to provide one. After
> waiting several weeks for the PSF to provide the certificate, Kurt then
> kindly went to Verisign.

When was that ? I never received such a request. The account
I'm using was created in Dec 2014 and the validation received
on 2014-12-17. This is valid for about a year:

https://wiki.python.org/psf/PSF%20SSL%20Certificates

Code signing certificates are valid for two years, so switching
to StartSSL probably doesn't make much sense now, unless perhaps
we want to switch to SHA2 and longer RSA keys (if that's possible for
code signing certs - I'd have to check).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 17 2015)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/